Daylight Saving Time is coming to an end on Sunday, November 3rd at 2 am EST. There’s no time like the present to make sure that your facilities’ lighting capabilities and conditions are ready for the extra “lighting hours” they’ll require, especially with the holiday season upon us.
Here are some tips to help prepare you for increased customer volume and longer operating hours:
- Don’t leave your employees and customers in the dark – conduct a lighting check-up! Walk the exterior of your building, check entrance and exit doors and make sure the parking lot is well lit. Take care of all outages now to ensure the comfort and safety of holiday shoppers.
- How does your signage look – fully lit and bright? Can customers clearly see that you are open for business? Remember to adjust timers and photocells, as well as fix any outages.
- Customers like to shop in well-lit, inviting stores. Even just a few interior outages can make your store look dim and uninviting – be sure to take care of those sooner rather than later.
- Does your interior lighting provide the brightness needed to show-off your merchandise? It should contrast to highlight important products; helping to guide customer focus and facilitate a pleasant shopping experience.
- There is still time for energy efficient lighting upgrades. Your lighting system may double burn hours and skyrocket utility bills – consider a quick retrofit project to save energy.
- Timers and EMS should be adjusted to reflect any changes in store hours for the holiday season and/or Daylight Saving Time.
- During the holiday season, many retailers require additional power sources to accommodate special displays and decorations. This includes increased lighting, electrical outlets, power poles, etc. Now is the time to schedule that work.
If there are any lighting or electrical projects that you need done before the holiday season is here, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are getting our customers facilities geared up, and we can help get yours ready too. Happy holidays and remember to set your clocks - time to fall backwards!
Reach out to Illumetek
Illumetek is a National Program Management company facilitating installs, updates, compliance and rebates for Lighting, Electrical, and associated Controls. Contact us today!