Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response
Illumetek Corporation takes the health and safety of our employees, labor partners, vendors, and clients we serve very seriously. We are committed to remaining vigilant in mitigating the spread of coronavirus or COVID-19 and adhering to guidance released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In an effort to safely maintain operations, we have developed the enclosed response plan to be implemented to the degree appropriate, throughout the company and at all of our jobsites. Illumetek has identified a team of employees to serve on the “Pandemic Response Team”, monitoring the guidance released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and national, state and local government resources as necessary.
This plan is based upon information available from the CDC and OSHA at the time of its development. It is subject to change based upon evolving information and updates. Illumetek may also amend this plan based on operational needs.
Roni Racco – email@example.com
Robyn McKenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi McGrath- email@example.com
The above individuals can be reached via email or at 800-644-2566 (Illumetek office)
OSHA and the CDC have provided the following control and preventative guidance for all workers, regardless of exposure risk:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
In addition, employees must familiarize themselves with the symptoms of COVID-19, which include the following:
- Shortness of Breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of smell or taste
- Responsibilities of Illumetek Leadership
All leadership personnel must be familiar with this plan and be ready to answer questions from employees and client representatives. Managers must set a good example by following this plan. This involves practicing good personal hygiene and jobsite safety practices to prevent the spread of the virus. Managers must encourage this same behavior from all employees and labor partners.
- Responsibilities of Illumetek Corporate Employees and Visitors
Illumetek employees are currently encouraged to work remotely to limit in office contact. While in the office, Illumetek is asking each of our employees to help wit our prevention efforts. In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, everyone must do their part. As set forth below, Illumetek has instituted various housekeeping, social distancing, and other best practices in our offices. All employees must adhere to these policies. In addition, employees are expected to report to their managers if they are experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 as described below.
- Self-assessment measures will be required before entering the building, including a self-imposed temperature screening.
- Employees will be required to wear a facial covering as defined by the Ohio Stay Safe Order.
Facial coverings are not required when the employee works alone in an assigned work area.
- Required meetings will be held by telephone, if possible. If meetings must be conducted in-person, avoid gathering groups of more than ten people and participants must remain at least six feet apart.
- If employees remain on the premises for their lunches, they will be encouraged to eat at their workstations. In the event this is not feasible, employees will be required to stagger their lunches to reduce the size of any group at one time.
- Employees should limit the use of co-worker’s supplies and equipment. To the extent items must be shared, items should be cleaned before and after use.
- Employees will be encouraged to utilize their own water bottles and kitchen utensils.
- Any employee/visitor showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave the premises and return home.
- Avoid physical contact with others and direct others to increase personal space to at least six feet where possible.
- Visitors will be allowed by appointment only. Visitors will be screened, and access denied if COVID-19 symptoms are present.
- Routine disinfection of workspaces and common areas such as restrooms, kitchens, and breakrooms.
- If an employee has tested positive for COVID-19 the employee should contact Illumetek by telephone or email and should not report to work. Illumetek will ensure of proper workspace disinfection and communication and isolation of any other employees who have been in contact with the employee.
- Responsibilities of Illumetek Labor Partners and Additional Jobsite Protective Measures
The company is asking each of our labor partners to help with our COVID-19 prevention efforts. In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at jobsites and keep our clients and their customers safe, everyone must do their part. As set forth below, Illumetek has implemented best practices at our jobsite and all labor partners must adhere to these policies.
- Technicians are encouraged to self-assess prior to starting any work for an Illumetek client.
- Any contractor showing symptoms of COVID-19 should leave the jobsite immediately
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick
- Technicians should limit the use of co-worker’s tools/equipment. To the extent tools must be shared, the tools should be thoroughly cleaned before and after use. When cleaning tools and equipment, consult manufacturing recommendations for proper cleaning and restrictions.
- Labor partners will divide crews into two groups where possible so that projects can continue working effectively in the event that one of the divided teams is required to quarantine.
- Labor partners are encouraged to minimize ride sharing. While in vehicles, ensure adequate ventilation.
- Promote frequent handwashing for all personnel.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette (covering coughs and sneezing).
- Technicians will practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart).
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices and disinfect surfaces often
- Technicians will be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves and face coverings.
- If a technician has tested positive for COVID-19 the technician will contact their supervisor. Labor partners are required to communicate with Illumetek the specific dates and times that technicians testing positive for COVID-19 were present at any Illumetek client’s job sites so that we can provide this information to our customers.
With the implementation of these enhanced protocols and guidelines, our team is fully equipped to continue our delivery of quality customer support. We’re still available 24/7 at (800) 644-2566 or at firstname.lastname@example.org as we continue to help you and your business needs.